14 November 2010

I Love Knitting Socks!

What's Happening?
   Not a lot ... it's getting colder in Wilmington.  When I'm not at work, I've been enjoying a lot of time in front of the fireplace, reading, knitting, and watching movies.  I even watched Disney's It's a Bug's Life.

What's off my sticks?
  I just finished my first pair of socks.  They are knitted on size 8 dpns with a bamboo blend of a bluish colored yarn  The first of the pair is pretty ugly, because I was just learning, but they are both so comfy!  It's also nice that they travel so well, so that you can work on them on the go when waiting it line, etc.

What's on my sticks?
     I am working on a project I am very excited about, but can't share because it's top secret.  I also have started knitting another pair of comfy socks to share with my sister.


Knitting News ~
    I learned how to knit socks using Ann Budd's Getting Started Knitting Socks.  This book was a wonderful guide to learn how to knit socks.  She explains all steps with easy instructions and teaches you how to fix common mistakes.  The illustrations are also well done.

What I'm Reading ~
     I just finished the audiobook, All the Pretty Horses.  Especially in audio format, I don't recommend this one.  It made me drowsy when I was driving to and from work.  I could barely resist a nap by the time I got home.  I just downloaded in audio format, The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs, www.fridaynightknittingclub.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment